Tuesday 17 June 2014

Developing a Career Plan

LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=342676528&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic

Vizualize Me Profile - http://vizualize.me/nathanb28#

Job 1 - Videographer

I am interested in this job because I want to advance my career in a way that involves both filming and editing. I feel like this is a job that would suit me because I enjoy both filming, editing and all the planning involved. I also feel like I would progress well with a job like a Videographer because I am both focused and determined to make an impact on viewers and I also would enjoy learning about equipment that I would need to study before getting this job. I also enjoy the general technical focus aspect of the job.

The application process for this job is to send a CV to the recruiter and also add some content or a portfolio to show what you can do in the industry. You would have to make sure your products shown are rich with content and show your maximum potential. The position that is being offered is a permanent contract and full time. 

Necessary Skills include -
1. A talent creating short films.
2. Experience in corporal environments.
3. Talent in camera operating.
4. Extensive knowledge in essential editing software.
5. Budget control.

Qualifications needed - 
1. Advanced degree in Film/TV
2. At least five years experience in the industry.
3. Multitasking Capabilities.
4. Project Management skills.
5. Willingness to travel extensively worldwide.

These are the very basics you would need for a job as a Videographer. You will also need other things such as a lot of creativity and an eye for potential projects. 

Example - http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=59923915


Job 2 - Creative Director/Visual Journalism

I am interested in this job because I feel like I can control what needs to be done in this role and therefore based on this alone, I feel the job would be suited to me. The job would entail leading the digital output of a team. The job role would suit me well in a way that I would not be affected by the workload or the standard of the people I am working with because I generally stay calm in potentially stressful situations.

The application process is the same as the first job that I analysed in a way that you need to apply to a company/person from the internet. In this instance you would apply to BBC recruitment sending your CV and possibly a portfolio.

What the ideal candidate would have -
- Track record in inspiring and delivering outstanding editorial design.
- Have experience of this through all formats (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop etc.)
- Ability to support a fast paced environment
- Challenge people to get the best out of them.
- Resilience
- Ability to balance the needs of the company and the audience.

Example - http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=59940911


Job 3 - Broadcast Assistant

I am interested in this job because I like working as part of a team and enjoy the fact that I will be providing information everyday to listeners. I feel that the characteristics and traits you need to do well in this job suit me and my personality.

For this job, you would need to send off a CV to BBC Recruitment or someone similar. Usually after sending your CV, it will be reviewed and then successful applicants will be taken to the next stage of the process which is usually interviews and during interviews you may have to show portfolios or something similar to show what you can do in the industry.

Ideal Candidate -
- Creativity
- Awareness of the audiences
- Knowledge of topical issues (and up to date)
- Confidence in operating technical equipment
- Knowledge of studio and location equipment
- Keen to learn about technology
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to take control in situations under pressure
- Persuasion to get people on Air

Example - http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=60080130

No comments:

Post a Comment