Thursday 5 June 2014

TV Studio Roles - Live Shows

Charlie Johnson, Harrison Atkins-Swallow, Dan Hewitt, David Semple

For this show my role was sound. I was working with Sam Murray for this show and we set up 2 clip microphones, 2 boom microphones and the talkback microphones. We started by setting up the clip microphones on both Joe and Sana (hosts) and due to having some slight issues with sounds levels and other background noise, we set up 2 boom microphones to use as backup. We set up the boom microphones in both places that the hosts would be shown (sofa and table) so we had all areas covered in case there was a problem with either clip microphone. We also set up 2 headsets on talkback (one for each camera operator) and 2 headsets in the control room so there was a lot of chances for maximum communications between the set and people controlling everything inside the control room.

Joe Mander, James Clarke, Tom Davis, Sam Murray

My role was also sound for this show. The setup was almost identical to the previous show in a way that the microphones were setup through clip microphones with book microphones as backup in case there were problems with microphones. The talkback microphones were also setup so that everybody operating a camera had communication with the control room making everything easier including transitions into VT's and breaks.

Nathan Bull, Alice Berry, Emily Tozer, Briana Santiago

This show was my group's show. My main role was director for this show and therefore I had to watch over everything that happened and keep everything on track. Throughout the afternoon, the production went well in a way that everything was kept on track and nothing went wrong. Everybody in the group and crew stuck to the job roles they were assigned and did their jobs well and also had a slight bit of help from myself and my group. The live show went almost faultlessly in my opinion due to the fact that there were no errors with equipment throughout, the hosts had no issues and performed as we had planned, communication was accurate and we did not fall behind schedule, meaning the live show was performed well. 

Sana Hufthy, Rislene Oukili, Becky Harvey

My final role in the live shows was once again sound. As this setup was similar to the other 2 shows that I was assigned sound for, I opted to go for the same approach. I firstly decided to use clip microphones as well as boom microphones but due to having problems with the clip microphones, I decided to just use boom microphones. The studio was set up with the host in a chair and the guests on a sofa, therefore I decided to put 1 microphone facing between the 2 guests and 1 microphone facing the host. Using this setup worked well as both microphones were picking up a reasonable amount of sound from all members of the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment