Monday 3 February 2014

Diary Entries - Movie Idea

September 18th 1945 -

It is my 10th birthday. The World War has just ended and things could not be better. For the first time in years, I have woken up to all of my family waiting for me and the best thing was, my Dad was back from fighting in the war. Both my parents were home for the day and my brothers and sisters had nowhere to go, its like the day was all planned out for me and only me. It felt like there was nothing left to look forward to because I thought the war was never going to end and there would be nothing left to celebrate and enjoy, but today made me change my mind. I opened all my presents, I have sweets, new clothes and everything a 10 year old boy could ask for, I am feeling great and my life is finally starting to turn around. My dad, my biggest role model, was here and ready to celebrate. He has been fighting for his country and he has made everything ok for everybody, especially me and the rest of my family, its great to see him back. It is almost perfect, the only bad thing is having school tomorrow! oh well that can't be helped I guess! All that matters at the moment is that my family are all together to make today special for me, the war is over and I have all that I could ever ask for. I can't wait for the day I turn 16, join the army and be more like my dad, a hero.


October 18th 1987 -

Something today feels strange. Something big feels like it is happening in my life. I have served in the army for the past 36 years and I feel so happy to have helped everybody across the years and to help them have a more peaceful life but things feel like they need a change. I feel like I have served my time in the army and I need a rest, Im really considering retiring. I need to settle down with my wife and spend some quality time with my 10 year old son. I remember all them years ago how much it meant to me to have my father around, he was my biggest role model and it put a huge smile on my face whenever I saw him. I want to have this effect on my son. I have a strange ache in both of my hands, I don't know where it has come from but it started when I was serving in Chernobyl last year. This may be something small but it feels like I have some sort of power in my hands, not just strength, like something supernatural. It is probably just something tiny that I shouldn't worry about, the only thing I am worried about is seeing my family and most importantly, my son. I write this looking out the window of a helicopter flying over Germany on my way back to the UK, everything seems so perfect and I am so excited to see everybody, Im counting down the hours.



Peer Feedback - Dan Hewitt

I think that this is a really good piece of work, i like the way you have divided the entry between both father and son, it gives the the perspective of the characters and it seems a bit emotional too because of the feeling of being away and the feeling of loss, overall very good piece of work.
keep it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment